Hola amigos, we have internet problems most of the time so it is difficult for me to write daily as I wish I could. Today is the hottest day and we are sweltering. The other days we had cloud cover and that helped tremendously.
New Years Eve was the most fun I ever had on New Years Eve. Many of you may have read Ed's post, but in Nicaragua nearly each family makes a scarecrow type character. They fill it with fireworks and hay. At midnight they set it on fire and you can imagine the noise! It is deafening! The fireworks shoot out in all directions and we were running and ducking for cover. Music is playing all over the city of Leon, where we were. It was a wonderful time of celebration. Everyone is very friendly. I hope we get to return every New Years Eve! Really, really enjoyed it!
We have gone out to the sectors of Chacraseca where we are staying. There are 11. We will not visit all of them. We have been documenting some of the older people of the community to get their stories of revolution, freedom, hurricane Mitch. I hope to write extensively about each, BUT I've just been informed it is lunchtime....
I will try to get back later.
Many blessings to all...hasta pronto!
Vicki, You are sweltering, and we are freezing. Asbury Church in Tulsa was closed today. Schools are closed for Monday due to extreme wind chills below zero.
ReplyDeleteWe are praying for you two every day,
Love, Phil and Darlene
¡Hola from Cbus! What an awesome New Years celebration! Hope the older lady is ok with her leg/hip.
ReplyDeleteTell ET we said HI!
Love u, Sara & Jess
Oh and I'm sure you've heard... GO SOONERS!!
ReplyDelete