| Arrival in Nicaragua |
The Casa de Paz where we stay, is approximately 1 1/2 hours from the airport in Managua. One of the ladies with us has been to France, England and Scotland and said, "This is nothing like those!" Welcome to the third World! It is very chaotic and hectic at the airport. Made it though customs and immigration without a hitch. Ed's Spanish is sensational as well!
On our way to the Casa de Paz we stopped off for fried chicken, as we were all famished! It was wonderful! French fries and roll too. This vegan loved it!
Once we arrived, they Commite Pastorale met us. I was quite humbled, as it was a hardship for them to be here, but they wanted to welcome us to their community. They are a wonderful bunch. I'll be publishing a picture of them, as well. Wonderful people.
| Commite Pastorale |
We met up with our friends from Kansas City. It was great seeing them again! We then had sort of an orientation about what we will be accomplishing this week. It was all good. Looking forward to the week.
Tonight at 10 PM we are all piling into a van and heading to Leon for the New Year's festivities. Really looking forward to that, if I'm still awake! Took a short nap and hope that is sufficient. I've been up since 3 AM but had a few catnaps on the planes.
All for now. Tomorrow I will have a lot to say. We believe we are going to meet the poorest family we have ever met again! We hope so. Really admired them. I'll write about that as soon as I know.
Feliz año nuevo!! So glad you made it safely and are having a good time. I love your posts and look forward to reading more! XO Sara
ReplyDelete